Tuesday, July 4, 2017

an invitation to live fascinated

There's this company, iHerb, that delivers health food from America to Hong Kong for a reasonable price and ordering from iHerb is oh so fun. Last time I made an order, I longingly studied the page that was selling Justin's Maple Almond Butter. 

Justin's Maple Almond Butter is the very best of all the nut butters. Justin's is a nut butter company and everything they make is awesome. But it's expensive. I was already ordering a bunch of stuff that I didn't exactly need, so I drew the line and decided I could do without any Justin's stuff. So I didn't order any. 

A couple days later I got an unexpected package in the mail. Unexpected packages make me wanna dance. Especially this one. 
It was from my friend, Cass, in Illinois, who has cool big hair, a sweet and frequent laugh, and listens to God's voice. 

In the package was a jar of Justin's Maple Almond Butter, two varieties of Justin's Chocolate Peanut Butter candy, Justin's Almond Butter pretzel snacks, and a letter that said Holy Spirit had whispered to her in Kroger that I liked Justin's Maple Almond Butter, and that He wanted me to have some. 

My friend had to buy that stuff weeks before my little iHerb sacrifice. God knew I'd be craving it, so He talked to Cass in Kroger in southern Illinois. Three weeks later, I sat at my kitchen table in Hong Kong, fascinated by this love He's loving me with.  

I wish I could tell you I'm strong and stable and not still having extreme ups and downs and not sometimes being tempted to quit it all and fly back to America. But I can't. 

I'm still a weak mess. 

If I were God, I'd be so tired of me. But He's not.  He's holding my insecure heart and helping it to keep saying "yes" to Him. 
He sees me. He see that I want to eat Justin's Maple Almond Butter, so He ships me some. 

He cares so big. 

He's not tired of any of us. Messy, weak, failing; it doesn't matter, He still wants you. He wants to pick you up and hold you and tell you who you are. And He may even want a friend from 8,000 miles away to ship your favorite snacks to you. 

His Love for us is fascinating. 



May you experience the Love of Christ, though it's so great you'll never fully understand it.
-Ephesians 3:19