Sunday, May 14, 2017

steady, deep, give-everything-kind-of-love

Twenty four years ago I heard a Story that changed my life forever. I was five when my mom told me about Jesus. She asked me if I wanted Him to come live inside my heart and I did.  

Before my mom had kids, she told God that if she couldn't raise them up to love Him, then she didn't want Him to give her any. God gave her kids, and she and dad raised us all up knowing and loving Him. 

Jennie Short is my mom. It's one of my favorite things God has ever done for me. He's kind. 

Being loved with a steady, deep, give-everything-kind-of-love changes us, and that's the kind of love mom has loved me and my sisters with. It's the kind of love I want to love everybody I know with, because I've experienced what it does for a heart. That sort of love shows us what God is like, so it's what I want to make up my life. 

Now I live 8,013 miles away and I miss her like crazy, but I'm here because that Man she introduced me to wants me to be. That Man is where the steady, deep, give-everything-kind-of-love is coming from. 

I want to love like Jennie Short loves. 

So thanks for showing me what God's like, mom. Thanks for introducing me to Him. I love Him and I love you.

Happy Mother's Day! And I wish you'd move to Hong Kong.