Saturday, December 24, 2016

Love loves being together


Christmas '16 is my first away from my family. 
It's my first Christmas in Asia. 

I'm feeling quite content and thankful, and that's a miracle. 

My parents were here for a month and left yesterday. God has used those two to show me quite a bit about Himself, and that's what He's still doing. 


I had a couple breakdown cries while mom and dad were here. During one of the cries, I rambled about how I was sorry I couldn't even be happy, I was sorry they had to see me cry and I knew I was disappointing them. My mom said,

"I'd fly across the ocean to be with you when you're sad. I wouldn't like it but I'd like just being with you."

They didn't come to Asia so I could impress them. They came to Asia because they love me. God's like that. 

He wants to be together.

When we're sinful, emotional, scared, broken; 
He wants to be together. 

Love looks like God becoming a human being so we could be with Him.
The Great Maker of the Stars stepped down into a barn, laid in the arms of a 13-year old Jewish girl, worked as a carpenter in the hot sunshine He made, busted through our sin with hope. He wants to be together. 

Love looks like my mom and dad pausing their lives for a month, spending their hard-earned money on two plane tickets to a foreign place, and loving their daughter and all her comrades for four weeks. 

Love loves being together. 

together

təˈɡɛðə/


into companionship or close association.


 It's Christmas Eve and I'm in Hong Kong! Isn't that funny. Tonight is SonsandDaughters' big Christmas outreach; we're taking presents and the Gospel to people in Wan Chai. Wan Chai is the red light district where we spend the most time, and God's got all kinds of great plans for people working there. 
"Together" is the theme. 

Tomorrow, I'll go to my new church, then to a local prison where we'll have a church service for the inmates, then back to the red light district where we'll host another service for incredibly special women.  
"Together" is the theme.

We'll spend the day together with people. Because that's what the one we're celebrating is like.

I miss my grandmas and the cozy living room I grew up in and my sisters and walks down my driveway with my family and my funny cousins, but I'm in Asia with the King of kings. "Together" is what He wants, and "together" is what we are. 

I hope you have the merriest Christmas!
I hope you spend it together with Jesus and together with people He's given you. 

"Together" is the theme. 


“Father, I want those you have given me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because you loved Me before the creation of the world.
-Jesus
John 17:24