Thursday, August 25, 2016

Jesus is still winning

I haven't forgotten the day I almost died. 
 Four years ago today, I flew off a motorbike in Thailand, landed on the side of the road with a fractured skull, a bleeding brain, a ripped-up face, and a few less teeth.
But the story didn't end in death. 
It ended in life. 
Because that's what God is like. 

In two days, I'm boarding a plane with all my favorite clothes, some almond butter, God's Love, and moving to Hong Kong. 

He's going to love me there. 
He's going to do whatever He wants with me there. 

I get to join SonsandDaughters in God's great pursuit:
going after people with everything He's got. There are several He's pursuing in Hong Kong who are working in the sex industry, and gosh, He and I are excited about them saying "yes" to Him. He chases us all down with mercy and I'm just absolutely thrilled to get to be part of this chase. 
His Love keeps on winning. 
He defeats our enemies and brings us to Himself (Exodus 19:4). 

I'm most definitely going to die someday, and so are you. 
But I didn't die on August 25, 2012 because God had some more voluntary love to get from me. He had some more faith dances to dance with me. He had some more sons and daughters to pursue, using my life in the pursuit. 

Maybe you're in a laying-unconscious-in-a-hospital-bed-in-Thailand sort of season right now. I don't know what to tell you except I'm sorry, Jesus is good, and if you'll trust Him, He'll be right there for you. 
He wins. 
And He wants you. 

Here I am, God! You're beautiful, trustworthy, and fascinating. 
All You want, I'll give it. 

"You have seen what I did to the Egyptians. 
You know how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself."
-God
Exodus 19:4