Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas; the big reminder of why we're all alive


I like when people like being around me. 
When a friend wants to hangout all the time, it makes me feel several nice things; 
awesome, loved, cool, special, fun, valuable. 

God came down here to the earth so He could always be with us, always always always be with us. I'm sitting here writing this blog, and He's here with me, enjoying my company and letting me know He's still in love with mankind. 

He saw the relationship He could have with us if He moved our sin out of the way. He said that the potential of having that relationship was worth everything it would cost Him to remove the sin. 

The Son of God saw that if He left Heaven to come down here to the small, dirty earth, if He entered mankind in an animal feeding trough, if He worked in the sun as a carpenter, if He let people nail Him to a Cross, then He could have it. He could have a relationship with you and me. So you know what He said?

"Make me a baby. Put me in a feeding trough. Nail me to a Cross. They're worth it."

The relationship - Creator God's heart connecting with ours'- it was worth it all to Him. So He came. 

“Because of the joy awaiting Him (a relationship with you), He endured the cross, disregarding its shame.”
‭‭-Hebrews‬ ‭12:2

Emmanuel means "God with us;"
it's one of His names and what He's all about. He came so He could live inside of us, talk to us, guide us, enjoy us, be with us. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit move together as one. That means they were all represented in the middle eastern Man who walked on the earth for 33 years. And that means we get to have all of God right here with us if we want Him. We can be sin-free! And hand-in-hand with the Perfect One!

All over the globe, people are celebrating Christmas. As they look at their poinsettias, cook their big meals, and enjoy their Christmas lights, I pray they will see the reason for it all; their Creator wanted to be with them. 

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas that's full of conversation with Immanuel. He's with you as you cook, unwrap presents, and laugh. He created you so He could be close to you.
Merry Christmas!


Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn