Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm alive and I'm still not tired of saying it!

God wants to pick you up in a bear hug.
I got squeezed so tightly today that I thought my heart might bust. It didn't. But it came close a couple times.

Today marks the third year anniversary of the day I almost died but didn't. When August 25 rolls around each year, I get especially thankful for the way God loves me. And then I get especially thankful that He's stronger than death. And then I get especially thankful for about 2,200 other things, like friendship and a brain that works and people who love me. 

Three years ago today, a collision which involved a metal pole, a motorbike, and my skull, took place in Thailand. And today, on August 25, 2015, I remember what God did for me and why He did it. 
(He loves me and He's good) 

I've got this new friend who is what you'd call a remarkable human being. I'll tell you more about her sometime, but for now, I just want to tell you what she did today:

She let God use her to dump His love on me. I love bear hugs from heaven.

She took me on a Ferris wheel ride next to the ocean, she bought me frozen yogurt, took me up on a rooftop to eat that frozen yogurt, said meaningful things, and walked with me through Hong Kong's streets.   

"I'm glad you're alive. No, I'm really glad," she said at one point during the fun. 

Being loved is awesome. And so is being celebrated. Do you know what God has to say to you and I right now?

"I'm glad you're alive. No, I'm really glad."
And then He wants to bear hug us.

He's pumped that you're alive. And He wants you to know that.

Do you know the times in your life when someone makes it so apparent how much they love you? Those are the times when God is using another human being to dump His love on you. (We're His hands and feet!)

Three years ago today, I was a bloodied unconscious mess. But today, I'm walking around Hong Kong, serving Jesus in Asia, and being celebrated by Heaven. Jesus always wins! And He doesn't just celebrate me. He celebrates you, too. 

I love being alive. I love that He keeps inviting me to live in different places on the globe. I love that the purpose of everything--my life, your life, all of life-- is His Love. 

The feeding tubes, life support, & hospital days are over. Sometimes life gets very hard, but God has the ability to take our very hard days and redeem them. What He did for me, He will do for you. Are you up against something huge right now? Are you feeling like you might not make it out alive? Look at Jesus. He's looking at you. 

God wants to pick you up in a bear hug, squeeze you so tight, and say, "I love you this much."
No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.
- 1 john 4:12