Tuesday, August 18, 2015

how we're meant to do life

For the perverted, the kind, the Hindus, the bored, the hard-working, the broken, the fat, the rude, the Christians, the confused, the thoughtful, for the everybody else on planet earth: I have an important message. 

As I write this, I'm looking out my huge window into the beautiful nighttime sky. I see the moon. I see mountains. I see city lights. I have a candle burning in front of my plants. And the God who formed the moon, the mountains, the people and their thoughts that made the city, the fire, the life and color inside my plants: He's singing so loudly a song. 
The song goes like this: 
"I love you
Look how much I love you
I love you
Look how much I love you
I love you"
and it's the song that He's always been singing. 

God loves you more than you can understand. 
That's the important message. 

When I say to you, "Jesus loves you," it's not a made up nice sentence to make you feel good and hopeful in case it's true. I'm saying to you the sentence that is the reason for your existence. It's not just a nice thought: it's the life behind all of creation. Life keeps going, the earth keeps spinning, the sun keeps shining, we keep breathing; the God who is Love is the Keeper. He keeps it all going because He keeps on loving. 

We can't see Him. This beautiful God who became a Man 2015 years ago to demonstrate His love for us; we can't see Him. He knows that, so He came up with a good plan. 

He told everyone who knows Him to go love everybody like crazy. He said something like, "When you go love everyone more than they've ever been loved before, you'll make Me visible." Then He supplied (and is still supplying) the love for His people to accomplish this awesome task. 

WE GET TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT GOD IS LIKE BY LOVING HUMAN BEINGS LIKE CRAZY AND THAT'S ABOUT THE MOST FUN AND AWESOME THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. 

When I do a fabulous job loving another human being, I'm showing that human being who God is. And I don't even have to come up with the love on my own, God supplies it all! And it's so fun! And it's why I'm alive! And it's why you're alive! 

He's put His followers in something called "The Body of Christ," aka, "Team Jesus." We get to be together! We get to love each other! We get to go together to love everybody! We get to show the world what love looks like! 

Who can you go love like crazy right now? Not sure? Say this, "God, who can I go love like crazy right now?" And then listen. He'll tell ya. 

I don't care what your occupation is, what your days are made up of, what your home life is like, or anything else about you, YOU CAN SHOW PEOPLE WHO GOD IS. Love love love: that's how! When we love, God becomes visible. Love orphans, love your neighbor, love your dad, love your kids, love somebody else's kids, love prisoners, love cashiers, love the homeless, love co-workers, love them, love them, love them. 

If you ever find yourself running out of love, go talk to God about it. Read the Bible. And then ask Him questions like this, 
"God, how much do you love me?"
"God, will you give me more love for you and for people?"
"God, how can I love someone right now?"

HE HAS ANSWERS!!!!!!  He's such a Good Teacher. He's a Love Teacher. I'm not sure if it's ok to call God the Professor of Love but I think it is and that's what I just did. He's the Professor of Love. He's the Love Professional. He's the Love Giver. He's the Love Expert. He's the Love Hero. He's the Love King. 
And we get to let all His Love flow through us to human beings. 
And it's so fun. 

LET'S ALL GO LOVE SOMEBODY!!!!

No one has ever seen God, BUT if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us. 
-1 John 4:12