Tuesday, June 2, 2015

a new adventure is about to begin!

Hip Hip Hooray
My journey to Hong Kong begins in a week and a day


Sometimes, when I get excited, I start to rhyme

June 10 is the day I leave home to begin my journey to Hong Kong, and June 10 is coming up fast. 

People frequently ask me if I'm excited. My answer is, 
"Yes. I'm very excited. It's going to be good."

I'm positive it's going to be good, because I know who is going with me. God is never not good, and He's in charge of this trip. 

For six months, I'll be living on the 48th floor with the founder of Wings International, Becky, and her two roommates. I'm going to take the stairs at least once, and I'll let you know how it goes. 

In Hong Kong, I'm going to do whatever Becky wants me to, pray for the children's homes that Wings supports, work with a ministry that reaches out to women in the sex industry, and serve the local church. It's called Sky City Church, and it meets on the SEVENTY FIFTH floor of a building. I can't promise I'm going to take the stairs. But you never know. 

About once a month, Becky and I will travel to either India, Nepal, Thailand, or Burma, where we will visit a children's home that Wings supports. We will hangout with the kids, teach them, see what their needs are, help meet those needs, and encourage their caretakers. Sometimes we will get to preach the Gospel in neighboring cities/villages.
 It's Good News and I love telling it!

If you are a praying person, I would oh-so-love for you to pray for me. I've been handing out these little prayer cards, and here's what they say:

Pray with me
-Pray that whenever I speak, words may be given to me that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel (Ephesians 6:19). 
-Pray for God to draw the people of Southeast Asia to Himself (John 6:44). 
-Pray for the Wings children to know they are God's chosen generation, His own special people, that they may proclaim the praises of Him who called them out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). 
-Pray that I'll trust God more than I've ever trusted Him
-Pray that God will fulfill His word in Isaiah 61:11:
"As the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seed to grow, so I, the Sovereign Lord, will make righteousness and praise spring forth before all nations."

So if you could pray those things during these six months that I'm buzzing around Southeast Asia, I would certainly appreciate it. 
(If you're not a praying person, you should become one! Jesus wants your heart and then He wants to hear your voice)

I have a prayer team to whom I will send specific prayer requests from time to time. If you would like to be on that prayer team, shoot me an e-mail and let me know. 
abbiejean@hotmail.com

The goal was to raise $10,000 to fund these six months. I only needed $7,000, but set the goal higher so I could be generous while I'm over there. You never know when you're going to need to buy 100 pair of shoes for some orphans, buy some Telegu Bibles, or throw an icecream party. 

The money came in super fast, and I currently have almost $9,000. If not another dime comes in, I'll be just fine, and will still be able to live generously. 

If you want to team up with me on this journey, you can! And I love new teammates. You can donate online here. Thank you!

I'm amazed at how much people help me. 

If you're reading this, there's a good chance you are one of my tremendous helpers. 
 Thank you, everybody.
 I'm sure thankful God gave you to me. He's made a team out of us that is taking His great big Love all over the earth. 
Let His Kingdom come!

If you live in my neck of the woods in the U.S.A. and want to have an ice-cream date within the next 8 days, let's go to Dairy Queen! 



p.s. Wings just bought some tents for boys who live on the streets of Kathmandu, Nepal. The boys are pumped about their new tent houses and I'm pumped to get to meet them soon.