Saturday, February 14, 2015

to all the single ladies


No flowers delivered at your door today? 
No handsome stud taking you out to eat this evening? 
That ring finger on your left hand still ring-less?

I'm in the same boat as you are, sister. But I won't be shedding any tears today. And here's why: 

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends."
-Jesus 
John 15:13,14

Today, February 14, 2015, I have found myself in the midst of the greatest love that has ever been. 
There is a warrior King who left Heaven and laid down His life for me. He made a way for me to know God (TO REALLY KNOW GOD!). 

Jesus is enough. 
He is enough to satisfy you. 
He is enough to make you feel confident. 
He is enough to give you joy. 
He is enough to strip your loneliness away. 
Jesus is enough. 

It takes faith. Girl do I know it takes some faith. Like you, I have days where I say, 
"BUT I CAN'T SEE YOU."
"WHERE ARE YOU?"
"THIS IS TOO HARD."
"I WANT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME OUT TO EAT."
And I gripe to Him about the amount of faith it takes to let Him and Him only satisfy me. But He gets me through those days and He'll get you through them, too. 

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
-Hebrews 11:1

I'm not satisfied by my "imaginary god friend who I pretend is perfect and always wants to be with me."

I do have a big imagination, but no matter how big my imagination is, I couldn't dream up a fictional character to satisfy the longings of my heart. 
Jesus isn't my imaginary friend. 
He is a real Man, seated on a real throne, with a real heart that is beating for the human race. 

He really does have eyes of fire and they really are looking at you. Fully man, but also fully God, He is quite different than us. Hallelujah! I'm so glad He's different than us.  

and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.…
-Revelation 1:13-15

So, single ladies, dry your eyes and start talking to the God Whose eyes are on you. You can't see Him, but I'm telling you, He sees you. It takes faith, it takes perseverance, it takes discipline, but if you'll let Him, He'll satisfy your heart with Himself. Ask Him to show you the way He sees you. 
And then listen.
And then read John 15.
He's crazy about you, girl. 


p.s. For everybody else that isn't a single lady:
We all sometimes accidentally try to fill our hearts with 1,000 things that our hearts just weren't made for. Temporary satisfaction is the great thief of full and lasting satisfaction. All day, everyday, we've got to say "no thank you" to the secondary loves around us in order to say "yes Sir!" to the primary love for which we were made. There is only ONE who is worthy to sit on the throne of our hearts. No matter our relationship status, we've all got to make sure He's the only one on that throne. 

p.p.s. For the ladies who may be reading this and aren't single, but are with a much less-than-wonderful gentleman and feeling some great disappointment:
You, too, can find yourself in the midst of the greatest love that has ever been. In the midst of your disappointment, the Son of God sees you, loves you, and wants to take care of your pain. 
He is perfectly capable and willing to give you the strength you need to keep loving Mr. Not-so-wonderful (if you're married to him, that is, and if you're not, then get out). Jesus is also well able to help Mr. Not-so-wonderful change. So hold your head up. Give Jesus your hand, put your marriage in His Lap, and trust Him


p.p.p.s. Beyonce', I would've like your lyric better if it were, "If you want it then you ought to put a ring on it."