Wednesday, December 3, 2014

you're wanted more than you know

I think God is more personal than we realize. 

We've got 24 hours in a day, and He wants to be my present companion not in 1 of those hours, not in a couple of those hours, but in all 24. Nobody else could handle being around me that much, guaranteed. But not only can God handle it, it's His delight!
The thing that He wants!

Here's the biggest of big things that I'm currently letting God remind me of:

He wants all of me. 

The theme of the Bible is the Creator God loudly proclaiming, 
"I WANT ALL OF YOU!"
In the Old Testament, God gave 10 important laws to His people, and the first of the those important laws was this:
"You shall have no other gods before Me."
Why would He say that?
Because He didn't just want part of their heart, 
or just a portion of their affection, 
He wanted all of it. 

In the New Testament, God's Son Jesus told us that there was one commandment that stood above all the rest, and it was this:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength."
Why would He say that?
Because God hadn't changed His mind. 
He still wanted all of a person's adoration, 
and that's what He still wants today.

His desire for mankind is the "why" behind mankind's very existence. 

It's up to me how many of my 24 hours I want God to invade. I've got the choice to go all 24 without even giving Him a thought, never dialoguing with Him in my heart, 
never inviting Him to help make a decision, 
never thanking Him for my lungs that know how to keep filling up with air. And I've got the choice to worship 3,000 other things all day long, breaking His heart every time. 

He's not into partial-sort of-halfway-little bit love. In fact, He said that sort of love disgusted Him and He would spew it out of His mouth (Rev. 3:16). He has commanded us to love Him with every single part of our being (because that's how HE loves us). He wants my time, my affections, my attention, my gaze, my emotions, my body, my dreams, my relationships, my future, my thoughts, my all.

We were created to worship, and everybody is worshipping something (or someone). We must continually remind our hearts that the only One who deserves the worship of our hearts is God. 
He's not into sharing the throne of my heart with my latest crush, my friends' approval, or my need to be important. 
He wants to be the only one on the throne of my heart, and it takes continual focusing to keep Him as the only One.

Say this a couple times:

"God wants all of me. He is jealous for me."

Letting that sink in will change you and keep on changing you. 

The Inventor of the pine trees and the rings around Saturn wants to invade every part of who I am, and I just can't get over it.
 Don't imagine I ever will.