Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mark

I'm not a good enough writer to put enough meaningful words together to describe the man I'm getting ready to write about. 
But I'm still going to try, just know that he was even better than what these words are saying. 

There was one thing Mark Randall wanted during his 58 years on the earth, and today, he got it. 

He is currently being overwhelmed with joy at the sight of the One whom he has always wanted to see. 

 Today, September 25, 2014, Mark left this life to go join the One he loves.
Now, he's with Jesus Himself in a Place where 
the humble man is the valiant hero,
the weak man has new strength,
the lowly man finds himself at the top,
and tired bodies are new and lively and not tired at all. 
What a day for Mark.
What a day for Heaven.  

In Psalm 27:4, King David said that the only thing he wanted was to dwell in God's House, gazing at His beauty. This sort of desire that King David had is what Christians have termed, 
"single-mindedness" or "single-minded devotion."
Mark Randall had it. 
He really had it. 

For years, he gave up his own comfort and lived in a house full of college students, in order to train these young men to become men of God. 
He gave thousands and thousands of dollars away.
He travelled the world, telling Jesus' Story to all who would listen. 
He helped thousands of students at Murray State University to follow after Jesus. 
So many times, I watched him raise his left hand in the air, touch his ring finger, and say, 
"there will never be a ring on this finger."
At a young age, he dedicated his life to singleness, telling God that he could have every ounce of his love, his time, his being.
He's the only person I know who has ever done that.  

 How fun for Mark over the next few decades to watch people enter Heaven who are entering Heaven because he shared with them the Way to get there. 

Mark was a soul-winner, the kind who's entire existence is dedicated to winning souls. 

I was 12 when I met Mark. 
Today, I am telling God "thank You" for the past 14 years that I've had Mark's love and wisdom poured into my life. 
He took me on my first overseas mission trip. 
He taught me the importance of preaching the Gospel. 
He helped me understand the value of a human soul. 
He showed me God's heart. 

If all this sounds a little foreign to you and you currently don't have a relationship with Jesus, you can change that today. Your sin separates you from the Holy God, but Jesus died to pay for that sin and He's the only who can remove it.
Right now, tell Him that you believe He died on a cross for you, ask Him to forgive you of all your sin, and tell Him that you want to be His.
What will happen is this: He will listen and He will give you what you want.
God will remove all the sin off your slate, send His Spirit to come live inside of you, and write your name in a very special book up in Heaven called, "The Lamb's Book of Life."

If you sort of have a relationship with Jesus but haven't really been obeying Him, you can change that today, too.
Go after Him.
Go after Him with all you've got.
He's the only thing in life that matters.

I pray that the Holy Spirit helps us all love Jesus like Mark Randall loved Jesus.


One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
-Psalm 27:4