Monday, May 19, 2014

me and Louisville's 2 week anniversary


Today's me and my new city's 
two-week anniversary.
Happy anniversary, Louisville.

I guess it's hard for people to trust Jesus because their eyes can't see Him.  
But if you'll give Him a chance, you'll notice that you start to see Him with something other than your eyes. 
You'll start to see Him with your spirit. 

"Spirit" is a word for the deepest part of who you are. 
If you've been walking with Jesus for any time at all, you've noticed the way He sweetly shows up in your day-to-day life, whispers to your heart, lets you know He's there. 
He's not trying to convince your eyes that He's there, 
He's trying to convince your spirit. 
It's different than an ordinary relationship, I know, but He's different than the normal Guy.
Seeing someone with your spirit over your eyes is deeper, more real, more fulfilling.

I'm just going to use the past two weeks of my life as a teeny tiny example. 

Awhile back,
He asked me to move to Louisville, He asked me to record a cd. 
Honestly, I wasn't 100% convinced that either one was His Voice, but was about 89% convinced. Sometimes you have to take a step of faith saying something like, 
"God, I believe this is what You're asking me to do, and if it's not, correct me and get glory in the meantime."

Recording a cd was a really sorta hard thing to do, and I wasn't that great at it. I'm the least detailed person I know, and there were all sorts of details involved in that process. I worked on it for several months and it seemed like I might be working on it for the rest of my life. 

On the day I packed my bags (and car) and moved to Louisville, the friend who mixed and mastered my cd sent me the last two songs, finished. 
The cd was completed on the day I moved (!), and I listened to those songs during my 3-hour drive to my new city. 
I felt it was sorta like God kissing me on the head and saying,
"Good. You're doing what I want and I'm glad."
(still working on print production, I'll holler loud as soon as it's finished)

My first night in Louisville, my brother and sister paid off my student loans. 
Paying off my student loans has been on my
 "big goals" list since graduating college 4 years ago. 
I am now debt-free. 

My first week in Louisville, I applied at a nice burger joint. 
My second week in Louisville, I had an interview with the burger joint's owner who told me she wanted to hire me, but not at the burger place, at a much fancier restaurant which she also owned. 
I said, "sure."

When God opens a door, and we walk through it, He can't help but bless our socks off. 
That's what He's been doing for two weeks straight here in Kentucky.

And that's not all. 
I get to walk my superhero nephew to school every morning and hold my royal niece every day. 
And I get to invite people to a brand new church that's gonna impact the world. 

Now trusting God doesn't make your life daisies and roses, 
there is sacrifice involved and sometimes tears. 
BUT, His Promises stand. 
He promises to never leave you, to provide for you, to guide you.

Try trusting God. 
Maybe even try obeying Him when He asks you to do something that you don't really want to do, or seems kind of hard. 

You won't regret it. 

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
-Psalm 34:8