Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Why I'm 26, never been kissed, and happy as can be



"Oh sweetie,
 God's gonna bring you a special someone, you just wait."
If I've heard it once, I've 
heard it 2,000 times. 

I'm 26, never been kissed, 
and happy as can be.  

There is no ring on my finger,
 but my love tank is full. 

I've found the place where satisfaction, love, joy, security, and peace come from.
And I'll tell you what, it's not from any man on this earth. 

It comes from a different sort of Man from a different sort of Place.

I'm 100% convinced that a person can live and die a virgin, 
live and die without the emotional ties of a significant other, 
and live and die satisfied, loved, joyful, secure, and at peace. 

How could that be?
Because these things don't come from 
a man or woman, 
they come from the Creator God who invented them. 
The love that a man has for a woman is a teeny tiny resemblance of the intense love that God has for mankind. A person who gives themselves fully to this intense love has nothing to fear, married or single. This intense love gets rid of want and lack. That means I can spend my lifetime without a man's touch, words, or glance, and find myself whole, completely whole. 

Oh! And satisfied! 

It's a real possibility that I'm going to live the rest of my life without a
 "special someone."

When I was 16, I told God I was going to try my best not to break any hearts or get mine broken. I promised Him that I wouldn't date until He said, "ok."
That was ten years ago, and He hasn't said it yet, and may not ever. 



 The Apostle Paul was pretty clear about romance in 
1 Corinthians chapter 7. You should read it. He says marriage is great, and singleness is great. A single person, however, is able to be devoted only to the Lord's affairs, while a married person has a spouse to consider.
Paul was bold enough to call singleness a "gift." 
Did you hear that?

He had the nerve to call it a "gift," because a single person can find themselves completely wrapped up in the intense love coming from the Being who creates.
A single person cannot love or receive God's Love ANY more than a married person can, but they CAN do some focusing on Him that a married person can't.*

I'm not perfect at receiving His love. I'm sorry if I've made you think I am better at it than I really am, because that's deception. There are days this picture, which I'm writing so clearly now, gets quite blurred. I've spent hours imagining what it would be like to have a man to call my own. Single and satisfied isn't how I've spent every one of my days. But my single and satisfied days are getting more frequent as my ability to understand and receive this intense, real Love is getting stronger. 

Now don't misinterpret me.
I'm a fan of marriage. Marriage is beautiful. 
God designed it and it's His plan for many of us.
It's a GOOD plan.  
I also understand there are ways a married couple can serve the Lord that a single person cannot. 
I know the marriage Scriptures. 
It's possible that someday I'm going to be married, and I will be a fulfilled, confident, happy, and satisfied wife.
But it's also quite possible that I'm never going to enter into a marriage covenant on this side of eternity, and I will continue to live as a fulfilled, confident, happy, and satisfied single lady. 
I get married, glory to God, I don't get married, glory to God.
Please, don't feel sorry for me. 
There are perks of marriage but there are also perks of singleness, and I'm telling you, I'm enjoying those perks. 
I won't feel sorry for you for being married, 
you don't feel sorry for me for being single. 
Deal?

To the sweet loved ones who are praying for God to bring me that "special someone," I would like to re-direct your prayers. 
Pray that Jesus gets as much glory out of my life 
as He could possibly get, 
and that I walk as close to Him as what a person can walk. 
He gives some people the "GIFT" of singleness, not just during their 20's, but for their lives. 
If that's the gift He gives me, then let's celebrate!

I was made to love Him, and 
I'm going to love Him.
Single or married. 
He truly is more than enough. 

Are you married? Rejoice! You are loved intensely by Love Himself.

Are you single? Rejoice! You are loved intensely by Love Himself.



1 Corinthians 7:32-35
32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him. 33 But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. 34 His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.