Wednesday, December 4, 2013

They plant the vine, I eat the fruit


India
Thailand
Burma 

I've been in Southeast Asia for 4 1/2 months. 
Right now, I'm sitting in LAX airport floor, waiting for my last two flights to take me home. 

God took me over to Southeast Asia and kept makin' dreams come true.

 I've fallen in love over and over and over.
Indian, Thai, and Burmese children have found deep places in my heart. I've been able to preach the Gospel to people who had no idea about God's Son who carried a cross for them. I've learned some hard, painful lessons about nasty filth in my own heart, but watched God care enough to expose them and make me better. I've spent time with Americans who have left families and comfort to make Jesus known. I've had salty lips for months, from sweaty kiss after sweaty kiss.

Throughout my months here, I've been aware that God is letting me do things I don't deserve to be able to do. In India,  Only Believe Ministries has been working for years, having started an orphanage and now continuing to support it. I haven't had to build an orphanage, start a ministry, or pay money to feed the kids. But I do get to go live with those kids and have a downright blast with them. Only believe ministries has worked, now I get to enjoy their work. 

In Thailand and Burma, Life Impact International has rescued children from abuse, neglect, and trafficking. I haven't lived in Thailand for 13 years, I haven't learned Thai or Burmese, I haven't raised thousands of dollars to build this ministry from the ground up. But I do get to come hangout here for a few months, play with the kids, lead people to Jesus, and just kind of eat the fruit from the vine someone else has planted. 

Sometimes I think of the Kingdom of God as, 
"the Abbie of Christ."
Let's just all bow our heads and thank Him that this isn't what His Kingdom is called, but rather, His is 
"the BODY of Christ."
Hallelujah. 
 Without the people behind these ministries serving the nations, I would have a pretty tricky time serving the nations. 
Hands need the feet to get them to where they want to go, 
feet need the brain to tell them where to go, 
a mouth needs eyes to see who it's talking to,
and we all need each other. 

I'm glad I don't have to do it on my own. 

I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.
- John 4:38