Thursday, August 22, 2013

He loved me first.


I do nothing to get His Love.
 What I do, my performance, my efforts, they have nothing to
 do with His love for me. 
My worth has never had anything to do with His love for me, and it never will. 
I will never do anything to make Him love me more, 
I will never do anything to make Him love me less. 
He loves me because He loves me.

He doesn't love me because I'm on the mission field. 
He doesn't love me because I try not to sin. 
He doesn't love me because I love orphans.
 He doesn't love me because I've surrendered my romance to Him.
 He doesn't love me because I read the Bible.
 He doesn't love me because I love Him.
He loves me because He loves me.

He's doesn't quit loving me when I think the universe revolves around me. 
He doesn't quit loving me when I forget about Him. 
He doesn't quit loving me when I hurt his children. 
He doesn't quit loving me when I call Him a liar. 
He doesn't quit loving me when I break his heart. 
He loves me because He loves me.

His love has never been based off my worth. 
If I had to deserve His love before He would give it to me, 
I would never know His love. 
His love has never been about my performance. 
I have never had to earn His love and I will never have to earn His love. 
He loves me because He loves me. 

This is love: not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. We love because He first loved us. -1 John 3:10