Monday, July 8, 2013

mercy

my goodness. 
I just can't wrap my mind around it. 
The more days I live, the more my heart sins against God, 
and the more I stand in awe of mercy. 

I've recently been reminded of a truth; 
the truth that I am not in relationship with God, filled with His wonderful beauty, and heading to eternal life with Him because I deserve it, but because He has shown me mercy.  

A person may think that after 20 years of serving Jesus, I would get used to His forgiveness and stop being amazed at grace.
But I have not and will not. 
His mercy is new every day, that's what the Bible says. 
Tomorrow He will once again have mercy and forgive me of whatever evil I let into my mind. 

I'm often around young people that others classify as "trashy," "easy," "hopeless," and so on. 
I am ever aware of the truth that I am just the same as them, except that I have received God's mercy into my life, and accepted His forgiveness. 
A sin nature is a sin nature and we've all got one. 
But, but, but, the mercy of God is ready to rescue us out of our sin nature and replace that trash with His very own beauty, perfectly clean and holy. 
If we could be removed from the corruption of the world around us when we allow Jesus into our lives, we wouldn't need new mercy every day. But even after we accept His mercy, we continue on in the corruption of the world until we die, meaning we continue needing His mercy every day. 

There's nothing I can do to make Jesus love me any more. 
There's nothing I can do to make Jesus love me any less. 
A young girl at a house church in India that I was given the honor of naming. I named her "Mercy." 
Later, I found out her parents had been considering selling her because they couldn't afford to feed her. 
Mercy is just the thing her whole family needs. 




Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according 
to His mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,
 and renewing of the Holy Ghost...