Thursday, April 11, 2013

the Beauty Creator//getting to carry His Beauty


A rotten, icky, stinking mess turned 
into something beautiful, clean, and extraordinary. 
^
The theme of what Jesus does. 

Two friends who have lived as missionaries in Thailand for years spent the weekend at my family's home. One of those friends, Lana, used to be a dancer in the clubs of Hollywood. She was wounded by the world. At age 19, she heard the Gospel and learned that the Jesus of the Gospel loved her and wanted to be the center of her life. She agreed to walk hand-in-hand with Him, and He healed her wounds. She went to Bible college, then moved to Thailand, where she founded Life Impact International.

You know anyone else who takes exotic dancers and turns them into pure, loving ladies that spend their lives rescuing children from slavery?
I only know One who can do that.

Thailand is the place where I almost died.
 (you can hear me tell about that here)
But here's the thing, 
I didn't die. 
What the devil meant for destruction, God turned around and turned into deeper love, stronger connections, new passion, and one heck of a story. 

Cindy is the other missionary who I got to hang out with this weekend and her heart is a diamond. She took care of me and my parents for the 3 weeks we spent in the hospital in Bangkok, so I'd met her, but didn't really remember much about her due to a recovering brain. 
I like her a lot. 
She's as good at serving, walking in humility, and loving without flash as anyone I know. There's really a lot I can, have, and will learn from her. 

We all spent the weekend doing a handful of pleasant things, 
and feeling appreciation of the Beauty that God creates. 
It doesn't matter how ugly, small, terrible of a something He has to work with, He can create beauty out of it. 

An exotic dancer turned into a missionary, 
hurting, beat down, enslaved children turned into lively, loving, free sons and daughters,
a near death experience turned into opportunity for me and my loved ones to help bring God's Hope to the nations.



 Everything He does is beautiful. 






and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
-Isaiah 61:3