Monday, March 25, 2013

extravagant time.

"We can only know Jesus intimately if we spend extravagant daily time with Him."
-Dick Brogden, 
missionary to Sudan

When you have love for someone, no one has to talk you into spending time with them. You want to all on your own. 

The One I am serving doesn't have to be persuaded to spend time with me. He wants to all on His own. 
So what about me and you?
Today, how much time have you spent with Jesus?
 Like, just you and Him?
Jesus said this, 
"Abide in Me, and I in you." (John 15:4)

To abide IN Him, and He IN you, 
extravagant time spent with them is the
 only way to make it happen. 
He wants you to linger with Him. Daily.

In one of my top 3 favorite books, Dick Brogden devotes the first  pages to the topic of spending extravagant daily time with Jesus. 

It's not a complicated thing, spending time with Jesus.
You read the Bible and you talk to Him. 
I like to hangout with Jesus in a couple different places, my top being where I'm sitting right now, at an antique desk in my bedroom. 

A Bible, a cup of coffee, and the living God. 
my favorite place, 
my favorite time, 
my favorite conversation Partner

find yourself a quiet place and go 
there every day to meet with Jesus.