Sunday, November 4, 2012

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!

Months ago I saw that my best friends in India (100 orphans) were getting to school in a sort of dangerous way. 
A golf-cart type of taxi called an auto rickshaw would make multiple trips back and forth from the orphanage to the school, with 15 kids crammed onto it. 

Not only was it utterly dangerous and against the law, but also cost money to pay the driver to make these trips everyday.

The main caretaker of the children, Pastor Joseph, told me what a  help it would be to own a 15 passenger van. It could take the kids to school, and could be used at night to haul sound equipment to night meetings where he preaches on a regular basis. 

I thought yeah, I'm sure that'd be great, but it's way too expensive and I don't have an extra $10,000 floating around. 

But, I couldn't get it out of my mind, 
and God changed my stinkin attitude. 
God persuaded me to try to get the kids a van. 

An impossible task that God wanted to take on. 
(He does that sort of thing)

Pastor Joseph and I went and talked to a car dealership, and found out the van was going to be more than we thought, not 10, but $14,000.
"Good thing God's rich," thought I. 

I was living at the orphanage in India at this time, so I told my family back in the states about it, and to my surprise and delight, my sister and friend Katie set out to raise the money.
They logged onto my facebook and started spreading the news that we needed some money to come in to  buy some sweet baby orphans a  new ride. 

I didn't really know how much people in the states would care about giving towards a van in India. 

But they did care!
And money came in!
Before we knew it, we had $5,000, then $8,000, then $12,000.

A few days ago I re-posted a plea onto facebook for people to help give the last $2,000 that we needed. 

Today at church, I hugged 2 of my good friends who are a married couple. We talked for a minute, and then the guy said, 
"How much do you still need for the van?"
I told him $2,000.
"Well, we've been praying about it and we want to pay it,"
he said.
I was shocked. 
"You mean the whole chunk?" I asked, thinking maybe he forgot to say the exact (smaller) amount they wanted to pay.
"Yes," he assured me. 
This sweet young married couple were giving $2,000 to help make life a little better for orphans in India.

I started crying and hugged them.
I'm overwhelmed by the amount of love God has for his kids, and not just some of them, but all of them. 
He wants 100 orphans in India to have a van, so He blesses His children in the U.S. and gives them generous hearts that care about those Indian kids. 

Getting to be a part of God's Kingdom is the most exciting thing about my life. 

I'm going to be thrilled to someday see those kids riding in their new van.
They're going to feel like royalty, because they are. 

if you want to sponsor one of the orphans, or bless them in another way, you can donate by visiting the website of the U.S. ministry, Only Believe Ministries, that built the orphanage and helps take care of the kids.