Wednesday, October 3, 2012

movin' out, movin' up

 the past 2 weeks of being back in the U.S. after 3 months have entailed recovering from a brain injury and moving. 

when i was in India i spent a lot of time talking to Jesus and asking Him specific questions. I asked Him the question, "Do you want me to move out of my house and back in with my parents?"
He faithfully replied by showing me 2 Scriptures specific to my question, and pouring His peace on me as i sat in my room in the orphanage. 
the answer was "yes," it's time for a switch-a-roo. 

my cute little rent house is on its way to being empty!
my new home is the hand-built house that i grew up in on my parents' farm. 
i'm moving into the basement bedroom and trying to find a place for the tons of stuff i've acquired over the years. 
i'm throwing lots of stuff away, giving lots of stuff away, and storing the rest of it. 
i've collected a few hundred books, and those are making their way into my new bedroom. 
i like when my spaces look like libraries. 

 the room's gettin' cozy, my brain's gettin' better, and i keep getting overwhelmed that Jesus still loves me. 
after moving all this stuff, i can't help but wonder why i have so much stuff, when my orphan friends on the other side of the world have all of their earthly possessions in one metal box and one small shelf. 
i want to share more than i collect.