Monday, January 9, 2012

oh Jesus.

why are You so nice?


Saturday, January 7, 2012, goes down on the list of my life's most glorious days.

Definitely in the top 5.

It started shooting video at my church's food and clothing pantry, heart was warmed.
Then it took off to Paducah, Ky. for a day with my sister
Meagan Rae.
She bought me some Cracker Barrel and we talked about how weird it is that I own an iPhone. (true)

Then, oh THEN, we drove over to the riverside to Allen's Music.
The plan was to trade in my acoustic guitar, add $100, and get a small upgrade.

Sometimes plans change.

"Go play that Martin and see if you like it,"
sister said. 
"Why would I play that Martin? It's way too expensive,"
I said.
"Just go play it! If you like it, I'm going to buy it for you,"
sister said.

So I played it and fell in love with its tone and sound and smell and shiny gold strings. 
She bought it for me.

I have a Martin guitar.
I keep saying that sentence over and over again.

 Then, based off of Ezekiel 16, and God beautifying the nation of Israel by "putting a ring in her nose,"
I let God beautify me by doing the same.

Sister Meagan Rae was supportive and sweet and just who I needed to spend a day with.
I'm shocked, once again, at how nice God is to me.

The day ended with worship and discussion with a room of friends. 
Ah.

"I gave you lovely jewelry, bracelets, beautiful necklaces, a ring for your nose, earrings for you ears, and a lovely crown for your head. And so you were adorned with gold and silver."
-Ezekiel 16:11-13