Monday, December 26, 2011

wildly wonderful home.

 new friends means new places to visit. 

When I walked into my new friends Blake and Promise's home for the 1st time last week, 
I couldn't even carry on a conversation with the hosts because I couldn't stop looking around and staring at the visual buffet surrounding me.

Their home was the wildest I've ever been in, 
and I like wild. 
 Trees on the walls? check.
Musical programs turned into wallpaper? check.
Musical instruments hanging on the wall? check.
Lots & lots of coffee mugs? check.
Ceramic rooster collection? check.
Fridge covered in comics with wallpaper paste? check.
Kitchen utensils hanging all over a lime green wall? check.
Well-trained, well-behaved boxer? check.
Awesome food? check.












Not only is this family creative and ok with embracing the eccentric, but being inside their home for less than a minute will allow you to feel some genuine love. 

When they were in their early 20's, and newly married, they took guardianship over a teenage girl and her younger brother.
Now, almost 10 years later, they're all a big happy family of 4. 
They serve Jesus, paint their walls bright colors, 
and laugh a lot.
I hope you get to meet them someday.