Friday, September 16, 2011

my word, I'm happy.

I want to experience life deeply.
to soak up every second of breathing that takes place between waking and sleeping.

Happy are thy men, and happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and hear thy wisdom.
-2 Chronicles 9:7


Although the world is in disarray, and terrible, unthinkable things are happening right this second, 
I believe that children of God, those which "stand continually" before Him, are able
to handle life with a happiness that comes from His Throne. 
Then, with joy, we are equipped to fight against the disarray, and fight against the terrible.

Needless to say, I'm in a good mood.
"Little" things (in quotations because I'm convinced they're not really little at all) like having coffee with my dad, and sewing clothes with the big door open, and thinking of new ideas, and working with my mom, are all seeming to me like very rich experiences.


to add to my joy,
my very dear friend tina marie surprised me with a visit last night. the golden girl drove from Alabama with the primary purpose of blessing my heart. my goodness. (mission accomplished)

she brought with her a girl whom I am loving more and more, Alicia.
She's got really pretty skin and a peaceful way of talking and a sort of surprisingly beautiful voice. 
I'll show you what she looks like in tomorrow's post.



p.s. if you've ever wondered if it's possible for a girl to eat an entire angel food cake in 2 days, yes, it absolutely is.


p.p.s. my friend sarah just started a new blog about cooking and loving and things.