Wednesday, July 27, 2011

so terribly temporary.

It's so easy to forget that the clothes on my back are going to be rotten in 100 years. My car isn't going to be running when the earth sees year 2080. The relationships I cherish aren't going to make it past my last breath.



Peter said it like this, "Dear friends, I warn you as temporary residents and foreigners to keep away from worldly desires that wage against your very souls. (1 Peter 2:11)




I don't want to settle down too deeply, because my settlement is just going to be uprooted in a short while. If I envision my life as a building, I want it to be a little tent, easy to set up and easy to move, because I'm just passing through.



p.s. It's been an under-the-weather week for me. From sore throat to throbbing ear aches, days like this one remind me of how incredibly healthy I am 98% of the time. I've been mostly staying away from camp, recooperating at the camp chef's house, who happens to be my very great pal. Currently, I'm borrowing McDonald's wi-fi, eating a McFlurry.