Saturday, February 5, 2011

all freed up.

Last week, my cousin and I went to an Eddie James ministry event. My cousin, who has had a hard couple of years, encountered Jesus that night. The presence of God was there and my cousin embraced it. Now, a week later, I can truthfully say he is a different person.

Since that night, he has been walking in freedom. He's spent this week going to church, Bible study, youth group, the nursing home, a prayer meeting, and another Eddie James night. He is now in love with the Spirit of God.

My entire life, I've heard a handful of scriptures quoted over and over. After our ears hear something repeated so many times, we stop getting the meaning of what's being said, and only hear sounds and syllables.

Then, the Holy Spirit comes in and says, "Wake up, this Scripture is real," and I suddenly understand that it is so much more than words.

"where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."
-2 Corinthians 3:17

Hallelujah! This is truth. When someone comes into contact with the Spirit of God, it's impossible for them to leave the same. Freedom comes when God comes. Jesus has proved that to me this week.