Thursday, August 26, 2010

david, the grape man.


I'd been craving grapes for 3 days.
I went into Wal-Mart and was taking a look at some purple ones. Then a man who was stocking green grapes said, "Do you like green grapes?"
I said, "Well I had my eye on these purple ones here."

He told me about a grape sale. The green ones had just been marked down to 99 cents a pound, and the purple ones were $1.78.

I love people who try to save me a buck. I said, "Well ok! I'll take some green ones!" I started to pick out the best ones, then I figured that this grape-stocking man was way better at picking out grapes than I am.

His name was david. I asked david, the grape man, to please pick out the best green grapes for me.

He smiled and started going through the grapes very thoroughly and quickly, looking for the best and only the best. He picked out a sack full, then went through and took all the brownish ones out and threw them into a pile for brownish grapes. He took his time and did his best.

In the end, I walked away with some very nice, very good, and very affordable grapes.

Thanks to all the davids in the world, the people who do their jobs with smiles and go the extra miles.