Monday, July 26, 2010

the perfect wedding.

my best friend got married on July the 24th at 7 p.m.
their promise to God was made outside, next to a lake, in the presence of 350 loved ones,
and in the midst of lots of dragonflies.
as you can see, she made a rather beautiful bride.

the getting-ready process was relaxed, laughter-filled,
and involved quite a bit of movin & groovin.
the bride's dear mother was kind and sweet as sugar, like always.
and gave me the honor of doing her hair. the bride made her own dress, all of her bridesmaids' dresses, grew her own flowers for decorating, and did her own hair & makeup. because that's the kind of girl she is.


directly after she became engaged, I sat down and wrote her and her jared a love song.
a few months later I went to her apartment, carried a keyboard up the stairs, lit candles in the living room, and the couple sat on the couch as I played them their song.
they liked it, and so I played it at their wedding.


My best friend is an incredible human being, and so is her groom.
I've been to lots & lots of weddings, and
there is something rich & beautiful about
a wedding that is ordained by the Great Heavenly King.

I love love. I love love stories & love songs & love hugs & love dances. I love that love is visible. a couple other interesting things that you may want to know about the perfect wedding:
there were fireworks, there was skipping back down the aisle, there were sparklers during the first dance, there was sweat, there were lantern lights in the trees,
and the couple was married by the father of the bride. "God knew Adam wouldn't do alone, so He made Eve.
Esther and the King knew they were better together.
Jacob knew that Rachel was worth working 14 years,
and I know you are better than gold."

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the LORD.