Friday, December 25, 2009

the thrill of hope.



Woke up to bake a chocolate sheet cake, because its dad's favorite. Except we didn't have regular white flour, so I had to use wheat flour, which tastes a bit odd and wheatish. But luckily I'm an excellent cake-baker and it was still satisfying. At noon the 4 of us at a cooked-by-momma feast.


I've been reading "The Age of Innocence," so I cuddled up in my lit-my-Christmas-lights bedroom, read a couple chapters, and then had myself a Christmas afternoon nap.

At 4ish we tripped over to the other side of town to visit cousins and had dessert time. I ate so much sugar that my teeth are tasting like sugar cubes. Then we played a few cousinly rounds of pool. I made the white ball twice as often as I did the others.

On the way home we stopped and had a grandparents visit in their fireside kitchen.

Now, to top off this warm day, we are watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." Dad loves the Griswalds and laughs at every mishap.
It's so sweet to think that the special feel of December 25 is because Jesus came.
"The thrill of hope, a weary world rejoices."